- Available for
Title VI for Higher Education
In this short course, faculty and staff can learn what their legal rights and responsibilities are under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. This section of the Civil Rights Act prohibits discrimination by programs or institutions receiving federal funding. Violations of Title VI could result in the loss of federal funding. Employees will learn who is protected under the law, what sorts of things could be discriminatory, and how the law applies in the university setting.
- Educates faculty and staff on what could be discrimination.
- Teaches employees their responsibilities under the law.
- Explains actions that are forbidden under Title VI.
- Teaches who the law protects.
- Explains how the law applies in different facets of academic life.
- Explains the complaint process and enforcement of Title VI.
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.