Respectful Language Course for Diversity Training Programs
This campus diversity training course is an essential guide to best practices for written and oral communication in the workplace. As part of the Respect and Inclusion Online Diversity Training Series, the Power of Respectful Language course is specifically designed for campus staff and focuses on identifying and eliminating disrespectful language choices, as well as how to approach complicated issues such as reclaimed language and hidden stereotypes or implicit biases.
A culture that incorporates respectful language training into its diversity programs will be able to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse pool of candidates. Successful educational institutions develop diversity training programs that create inclusive environments and allow their employees to thrive without fear of harassment or discrimination. Educating employees using our online course makes them aware of the positive effects of using respectful language in all workplace communications, be that email, phone calls, instant messaging or other communications.
After completing this online diversity training, learners will understand the relationship between respectful language and their workplace environment, the danger of disrespectful language choices, how to avoid reinforcing stereotypes, and best practices for reclaimed language and de-gendering pronouns. Your staff will also gain insight on responding to offensive language in the workplace, how to avoid singling individuals out with unrelated information and resources for learning more about diversity and language choices.
Workplace Diversity Training Must Cover the Importance of Language
People are often unaware how values and attitudes are reflected in word choice and how certain language could be perceived as stereotypes or even discriminatory towards others. What we say and how we say it is one of the most powerful tools we have to develop successful diversity programs.
Campus Answers’ online diversity training course, The Power of Respectful Language, helps your employees avoid unintended offensive language by cultivating awareness of commonplace stereotypes, prejudice and implicit biases in everyday communication. This workplace diversity training also educates individuals on appropriate ways of expressing and communicating ideas while avoiding language that could offend people of different cultures.
- Tips on how to avoid reinforcing stereotypes and unspoken “norms.”
- Provides insight on the relationship between respectful language and workplace environment.
- Insight on responding to offensive language in the workplace.
- Explains the danger of disrespectful language choices.
- Best practices for reclaimed language and de-gendering pronouns.
- How to avoid singling individuals out with unrelated information.
- Resources for learning more about diversity and language choices.
- Guide to best practices for written and oral communication in the workplace.
- Identifying and eliminating disrespectful language in the workplace.